What advice should be given to a sister who is involved in a haram relationship and wants to end it? The sister is in hijaab. The person she is involved with has her pictures and refuses to delete them.
How should she persuade him to delete them and how should she come out of this relationship?
Wa ‘alaikumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
There are two issues here:
1. The issue of the illicit relationship.
2. The pictures which the person refuses to delete.
The first step is that she should immediately make taubah from the illicit relationship. Shaitaan will use the issue of the pictures to keep her stuck in haraam. However, she should immediately do the following:
1. Offer at least 6 rakaats nafl of Salaatut Taubah.
2. Make istighfaar at least 300 times.
3. Cry and beg the forgiveness of Allah Ta‘ala. Express much remorse over having been involved in this.
4. Give some sadaqah (at least R100).
5. Read the book “Effective Remedies for Spiritual Maladies” and complete it within a week.
6. Mhttp://uswatulmuslimah.co.za/books/Effective_Remedies_for_Spiritual_Maladies.pdfake a timetable of aa’maal (tilaawat, zikr, ta’leem, etc.) and keep up with it. Read the book, Fazaail-e-Aamaal, at least 10 minutes daily.
As for the pictures, she should send a brief message stating that she has made sincere taubah and will insha-Allah never return to the sin. The pictures must be deleted. It was haraam to take it and it is a sin for him to keep it. They should therefore be deleted. The matter is now between him and Allah Ta‘ala. It is compulsory upon him to delete it. He should make taubah and delete it. If he does not do so, he will be answerable on the Day of Qiyaamah. After sending this message, she should totally block him and delete all details and anything from him. When she makes sincere taubah in this way and sends this message, insha-Allah, he will delete the pictures.
Uswatul Muslimah Panel of ‘Ulama